Saturday 25 April 2020

Jitte no Konbo


Funakoshi jitte gata with the bo (konbo / kon). I don't think it fits perfectly, but there are only a few techniques that don't work so well. Overall it does work as a bo kata. 

This concludes what needs to be shown for the ryuha hyoho section. I am finishing the online second edition of Origins of Shotokan, called A Study of Master Gichin Funakoshi's Ryukyu Kenpo Karate, with more written sections and some photos. The next project to illustrate my work on Funakoshi karati is an illustrated book of all of the kata, including bunkai and hojo undo. I have decided it should be pictorially focused as other researchers have presented the worded side of Master Funakoshi's teachings and history, so I don't feel there is much I can contribute in that area. The book might be called Funakoshi Okinawan Karate Kenpo no Kenkyu.

No comments:

Post a Comment